Going Vegan - Tips how to start  

Posted by Rogue





This year I'm planning to switch into a vegetarian lifestyle. I realized I've been feeding my body with unhealthy foods that will probably take me to a hospital bed sometime soon. And I don't want that to happen. So, the challenge is, getting started. It's not easy to switch since I've been a "carnivorous " (don't know if i'm using the right term) for more than 20 years and now entering a new lifestyle where my body is not used to is definitely a big challenge for me.

Here are some of the tips I have gathered which I think will be helpful for people including me, who wants to be a vegetarian.

  1. Start eating dark green vegetables like kale, broccoli, spinach, and collard greens 3x a week - Dark green veggies are bombarded with vitamins inlcuding iron and calcium. If you have a hectic schedule and no time to grab a bite of spinach, taking green drinks like Naked Juice's Green Machine, is recommended. This juice contains fruits and some veggies so it tastes good.
  2. Drink enough water. Perhaps you have heard or read about it million times. But this is true. Most of us doesn't drink enough water that's why people in uniform scrubs always remind us about it. Water helps cleanse our body inside and out. It is very essential especially when changing a new way of eating. So, always take with you a water bottle wherever you go.
  3. Eat a handful of raw veggies or a piece of fruit daily and make it a habit. Just like an old saying, an apple a day keeps the doctor away.
  4. Explore new food combinations and stick to greens! Learn the vegan recipes they have some tasty menu that your tummy will love.
  5. Learn more about Vegan nutrition. This is an important especially for beginners. Know first the do's and don'ts in vegan world.

This entry was posted on 9:55 PM and is filed under , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments